Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Liberate Your Inner Writer

When I sit down to write, I tend to imagine talking on the phone to a friend. I'm not concerned about things like grammer or sentence structure, or how my writing flows. This sort of conversational way of writing works well for me and forms a basic template to create my blog posts from.

I say hello (the introduction/topic of my blog posts); then I share some details (which acts as the body of the post);then I say goodbye for now(the conclusion of the post).

*Zero in on one topic per post instead of several when at all possible. You can ask the usual series of questions like who, what, where, why and how? Always keep in mind that with storytelling, you want to SHOW and not TELL.
If you follow this advice, even the shortest blog post can be packed with vivid and entertaining details.

*Write from your heart as you'll have a better chance of connecting with your readers and engaging them to follow your blog.
Get them to feel your excitement and other emotions, thru your words and photos.

Tracy(Cedara)Dunn of Thru The Attic Door and Thru The Attic Door2

No comments: