Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, September 01, 2007

A Thousand Splendid Suns


My aunt brought this book home on her vacation and I picked it up last night around 9pm......I didn't put it down again until just after 3am!!!!
I READ THIS WHOLE BOOK LAST NIGHT!
Those that know me know that I read ALOT. I always have my nose buried in one book or another.
NEVER have I had a book effect me so.
As a woman blessed with freedoms of so many kinds.....I think everyone woman possible should read this book!!!
The author weaves the words so as to wrap you in the sounds, smells and sights of these two womans lives.
The emotions that raced thru me with each page that I turned. I felt happiness, rage, shame and sadness. Decriptions so vivid that I felt dust in my lungs and the weight and darkness of a burka. The final pages of this amazing novel made me shed tears of such deep sadness and yet mixed so with a great pride for these woman.
This novel has greatly effected me. More so then I could have ever imagined it was going to when I picked it up off the table and settled down into my chair for the evening.
Read this novel........ let yourself be touched forever by the tale of these two incredible woman and all that they go thru in their life. Let yourself see a world so very different and yet so very much woven into our own as we are all woman and connected!!!!!!!!
Tracy(Cedara)Dunn

No comments: